Utah Dairy Goat Association
Utah State Fair Grounds
155 North 1000 West
Salt Lake City, Utah 84116
September 13, 2021
This is a two-ring show with Junior and Senior Does sanctioned separately by the American
Dairy Goat Association.
Cindi Garlick 2164 N Frontage RD Centerville, Utah 84014
Heather Healey, 745 W 2025 N Centerville, UT 84014
Lyndsey Healy, 1276 N 700 E Bountiful, UT 84010
Tom Cox Corinth, ME
Will Keech Danbury, NE
Schedule of Events:
September 12, 2021
Check in Sunday 6:00 to 10:00 am
September 13, 2021
Show begins at 9:00 am starting with Senior Does
All animals participating must be entered in the Utah State Fair. Check in for that show is
Sunday September 12, 2021 from 6:00am to 11:00am. Early check in is available upon Show
The Entry Deadline for the Utah State Fair is August 20, 2021 (entry deadline subject to
change) Be aware that they only accept late entries at their Discretion and charge a double entry
Please be advised that the State Fair and UDGA will be enforcing ADGA rule #6 on page 83 of the ADGA
Guidebook concerning what constitutes and exhibitor.
For questions please contact Cindi Garlick 801-718-4927
Breeds Sanctioned and Sho w Order (this order is subject to Change):
Alpine, La Mancha, Nigerian Dwarf, Nubian, Oberhasli, AOP, Recorded Grades
Alpine, La Mancha, Nigerian Dwarf, Nubian, AOP, Recorded Grades
Entries postmarked on or prior to Sept 1, 2021 will be $5.00 per head per ring
Entries Postmarked after September 1, 2021 will be $6.00 per head per ring.
Personal checks will be accepted up to September 1, 2021. After which, only money orders, cashier checks or
cash will be accepted. No exceptions. Any questions or disputes will be addressed to the show chairperson or
Secretary with the Chairperson making the final decision. All fees must accompany the entry form. Please call
No Free Sanctioned animals. If you are asked by the show committee to bring a goat for sanctioning purposes,
you will get the original discount fee. Entry fees are non-refundable or transferable under any
Make all checks or money orders payable to:
Utah Dairy Goat Association.
You can also pay via Venmo @UtahDairy_GoatAssociation
or by PayPal at firstname.lastname@example.org
Entries with your check and/or money order should be mailed to:
2164 N Frontage Rd
Centerville, Utah 84014
There will be no pen fees.
Schedule of classes
Breed codes: AO - AOP; A – Alpine, L – LaMancha; NG – Nigerian Dwarf ;
N – Nubian; O – Oberhasli; RG – Recorded Grade;
Senior Doe Show:
Any doe that has ever freshened or has been milked
Class 1 – Senior Does under two years old and in milk
Class 2 – Senior Does 2 years old and under 3
Class 3 – Senior Does 3 years old and under 4
Class 4 – Senior Does 4 years old and under 5
Class 5 – Senior does 5 years and over
Senior Grand Champion and Reserve Champion
Best Doe in show
Junior Doe Show:
Any doe under two years old and has never freshened.
Class 6 – Capra kids born from April 1, 2021 until show date
Class 7 – Junior kids born in March 2021
Class 8 – Intermediate kids born from January 1, 2021 – February 28, 2021
Class 9 – Senior Kids born September 13, 2020 – December 31, 2020
Class 10 – Dry Yearlings; older than one year, and under two never freshened
Junior Grand Champion and Reserve Champion
Best Doe in Show
UDGA SHOW RULES AND INFORMATION
1. General Information: These shows are sanctioned by the American Dairy Goat Association
(ADGA) and their rules shall govern. Only American Dairy Goat Association, American Goat
Society and Canadian Goat Society registered recorded or applied – for animals may be shown in an
official American Dairy Goat Association show. These Rules have been submitted to ADGA with
2. Base Date: The base date for these shows will be September 13, 2021
3. Disclaimer: Neither ADGA, UDGA nor Utah State Fair Ground or anyone representing the above
shall be held responsible for illness, injury, damage or loss of animals, persons or property.
4. Check in procedures: Check in time will be as follows:
Sunday September 12, 2021 6:00 am to 11:00 am
All animals must be entered in the Utah State Fair show to participate. Check in for the
fair is Sunday September 12, 2021 from 6:00 am to 11:00 am
Substitutions are acceptable but any changes made must be done during check in times. Animal
registration papers must be presented and checked by show secretaries at this time.
5. Health papers: All animals will be inspected upon arrival and any showing signs of abscesses in
any stage or any infectious condition or disease in any stage will be refused. Disputes of refusal will
be resolved by a licensed veterinarian at the exhibitor’s expense. The Utah State Fair requires health
papers but they will not have to be presented to the Utah Dairy Goat Association at check in.
6. Animal Arrival and release times: All animals must be in place no later than one hour before
show time and must remain on the show grounds until after that breed has been shown. All best of
breed winners must remain in place until after the best in show animal has been chosen. Animals
should be removed from the barn by 10 PM Wednesday evening.
7. Milk out: No pre-show milk out will be held. However, all exhibitors are reminded that judges will
discriminate against over –uddered does in the show ring.
8. Tattoos: In accordance with ADGA rules, animals must be tattooed before they are registered. No
tattooing at the show. Please check your animals; tattoos before you enter the ring.
9. Recorded Grades: Dairy goats, whose papers read experimental, native on appearance must show
in recorded grade class.
10. Horns: No animals with horns are allowed. Scurs are acceptable.
11. Exhibitors: Exhibitors are expected to present a neat appearance in the show ring. Acceptable
attire is as dictated by ADGA; white or black pants are okay. The show committee reserves the right
to refuse entry or dismiss from the show and show grounds any person or persons showing an
objectionable attitude and/or behavior toward the judge, show committee or other exhibitors. Entry
fees will not be refunded. We expect the Rules governing this show to be read and complied with.
12. Milk Disposal: All milk is to be disposed of in a designated area. Do not dispose in any area
around barn, drains or wash area. Disposal area will be posted and announced.
13. Pen fees and bedding: Exhibitors are responsible for providing their own feed and hay. It is
requested that each exhibitor keep up, maintain their area and make sure your area is clean of debris
before you leave. Pen cleaning is NOT required.
14. Food and vendors: There are various restaurants, fast food, etc. in town. Picnics are allowed.
15. Vandalism: You will be held liable for any destructive behavior vandalism or damage to any
property in the fairground and/or surrounding area. Violators will be held responsible. No fire arms
whether toy or not will be allowed on the premises.
16. Dogs: Are not allowed per Utah State Fair Park regulations. With exception of service animals.
17. Animal Registration: Registration or recordation certificates are required for all animals over the
age of 6 months. A stamped duplicate application for registration from the ADGA office is
permitted for any animals under the age of 6 months. No copies of the registration, recordation or
stamped duplicates shall be accepted except FAXED copies of the stamped duplicates from the
ADGA office. Animals will not be checked in without proper paperwork presented to show
Camping - will be allowed at the State Fair Grounds. Those arrangements must be made through the
fair grounds prior to the event.
Hotels - There are a variety of motels and hotels in the area.